I am thrilled to announce the arrival of our sweet baby boy - Andrew Thomas Zajicek!! Andrew was born last Thursday, February 14 at 12:46pm. He weighed 8lbs, 1oz and was 21 in long! After just one week, he has already blessed our lives and our family in so many ways and we are just thrilled he is here!
We checked into the hospital at our 2 hour prior time (10:30am). I thought the 2 hours would seem like forever before the c-section but it went shockingly fast. They got me all hooked up with the monitors and went over all the paper work and before I knew it, I was giving Michael a hug with tears in my eyes as I started the walk into the operating room.
I have to say, it's such a bizarre experience to be awake during such a major surgery. I'm not really a fan of the epidural either and was pretty teary through it all because I think 40 weeks of nerves and anticipation started coming to surface. :*) I couldn't believe the big moment was here. Once they got me all set and started the surgery, they went and got Michael to come sit with me. I was so glad he was there by my side.
They told Michael went it was time and he got to stand up and video Andrew being born! He instantly started crying which was a huge relief to me. They carried him over and I moved the draping to see him as soon as possible. There was my sweet baby boy - with his sweet little face and one of the first things I noticed was the very obvious red tint to his hair. :)
He and Michael went to the adjoining room where they did their evaluation and weight on him. Then they brought him out to me to kiss and touch for the first time. I was in heaven. And to much delight, they let Michael sit there next to me holding Andrew for the remainder of the surgery. This was very different than with Joseph, so I was thrilled to just be able to sit there and stare at our new baby boy.
I then went back to my room for recovery for a few hours. I had several dizzy spells so I just had to keep lying back for a while. Then, we got moved to my postpartum room. Before long, my parents arrived with Joseph to meet his new little brother. It was such a fun moment to have our family of four together and complete for the first time. Joseph did good - he was actually a little more interested in the hospital room itself. The rest of the day we just took turns holding Andrew and admiring our newest blessing. I had several nauseous spells and ended up getting sick later that night, but besides that I felt just fine. I was just SO hungry and couldn't wait to eat some real food!
That night, Michael's parents arrived to meet their 5th grandson. Then Friday afternoon, my sister Katherine arrived to meet her newest nephew. Saturday morning, Michael's sister and her husband (Andrew's Godparents!) arrived to meet their new Godson. To my surprise, we were able to go home on Saturday afternoon - just 48 hours after delivery. We were given the option to stay until Sunday, but I was feeling good and Andrew was doing well, so we decided to head home. Our families had decorated the house all over with baby boy stuff and balloons and there was a big "baby boy" sign in the front yard. They were all standing in the driveway waving as we pulled in so it made for a very fun homecoming.
We had to take Andrew in on Monday for a follow up on his jaundice levels, but luckily the tests came back in the low risk zone so the doctor said no further follow up was needed. He is such a good and sweet baby! He has eaten good from the very beginning which I'm so thankful for. He is also a really good sleeper during the day. He takes really good naps and pretty much just sleeps all day long in between feedings (total opposite from what Joseph did!). I'm still getting adjusted back to the nighttime feeding routine - oy. But he is so worth it and I love having that special time with my precious boy.
Joseph is also doing VERY well and I am thrilled at how excited he is about Andrew. Everyday he becomes more and more interested! He loves to hold and hug Andrew. Anytime Andrew is getting his diaper changed and is crying, Joseph will run in there with me and touch Andrew's head and mimick Andrew's cry. This morning I walked into the room where he was without Andrew and he pointed at me and looked confused and said "UH OH!!". I had to explain to him that Andrew was still going night-night. I'm so relieved at how well he is doing and it makes me even more excited for the fact they will have each other as brothers throughout life.
We are so thankful for everyone's prayers and support during our pregnancy and delivery. Thank you for all of your sweet emails and gifts too! I will certainly try to post pictures and updates as often as I can! Here are the photos from the big event!
 |
| One last belly pic! 39 weeks and 2 days! (note the red shirt for Valentine's Day) |
 |
| All changed and ready to go |
 |
| And here he is! |
 |
| Sweet baby Andrew |
 |
| Feeling better under the warmer |
 |
| Feeling Daddy's hand for the first time |
 |
| Meeting my baby boy |
 |
| Kisses! |
 |
| Love this picture |
 |
| One proud Daddy! |
 |
| He found his fingers very quickly |
 |
| Riding with Mommy on the way to recovery |
 |
| Cuddles with Daddy |
 |
| Getting ready for his first bath |
 |
| Under the warmer after his first bath |
 |
| Joseph meeting baby Andrew for the first time |
 |
| Our family of 4! So very thankful! |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Eckel with grandbaby #8 |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Zajicek with grandbaby #5 |
 |
| Mommy and Andrew on departure day |
 |
| Back home from the hospital - our family complete! |
 |
| Already wrapped around Daddy's finger |
 |
| Sweet little face |
 |
| Having some sun time to help with the jaundice |
4 comments:
Aw-- great post girl! Love all the pics you posted! They are all so so sweet! So happy for your family of four! So so fun!
In that last picture he looks a lot like Joseph!!! And he cracks me up with his little hands behind his head like he's just taking it easy. The pictures are fabulous, and Andrew is just so precious. Congratulations to the expanded Zajicek family!!!
Precious pictures and priceless memories! Love to see these sweet little boys! Love that sweet little baby face! And I cant wait to get my hands on that buttery baby skin! So happy for your family and praying that your hunt for the new normal continues to go smoothly! Love you sister! and ps, finally figured out was wrong with my google account-im not annoymous anymore!, lol!
Awe, congratulations! I loved reading about Andrew's birth story!! I am so happy everything went smoothly!! He is so adorable and precious! I love the family of 4 picture. Isn't it amazing how "big" Joseph is now and seems like he grew overnight! Love it!
Post a Comment