Monday, May 6, 2013

Andrew ~ 2 Months


 Well seeing as we're only a week away from his 3 month birthday, I figured I should finally post Andrew's 2 month update!

I took him in for his 2 month appt and he weighed 9lbs, 6 oz (10th percentile), and he was 22.5 in long (50th percentile).  His head is in the 10th percentile as well.   I was really surprised his weight wasn't higher.  The doctor said he could just be a little baby.  She said she wasn't concerned because he gained a 1/2 ounce a day since the last time she saw him which was still in the normal range (although the low end of the range).   So, to stay on top of it, we are going back on the 14th for a weight check to see how he is doing.  I feel a little concerned about his weight so I'm anxious to see how he does for his weigh in next week.  I've also tried to try some new things in the way I nurse him to see if that helps him too.  

Andrew's nights have slowly gotten a bit better.  They hit their all time worst a few weeks ago.  The doctor wondered if he could be having some reflux issues so she gave him a prescription for Prevacid.  Before starting the medicine, we decided to try a couple more things to rule those out.  I've started pumping milk and we give him a bottle of about 3 oz for his last feeding before bed.  Since then he has been sleeping much better.  I'm also trying to make sure he stays awake for longer feedings during the night.   We've also been having him sleep in his bouncy seat some since he seems to sleep better in that...at least until he gets into a better sleeping pattern.  Each night is different, but a couple of nights ago he only woke up one time the whole night which was amazing!!  Most nights though, he has gotten to where he goes down between 8 and 8:30 and will sleep until 1 or 2am, then up again at 4 or 5am, and then up for the day between 7 and 7:30.  So we actually are holding off on the medicine until we see how the weight check goes since things seem to be improving for him.   His gas pains at night have gotten a lot better too!

Andrew is smiling and cooing like crazy.  It just warms my heart everytime he makes eye contact with me and smiles.  It's just so fun to interact with him like that.  He is having a lot more content awake time and is normally awake for 1 1/2-2 hours in between naps.  He really tracks us with his eyes when we walk by him.  He also has really enjoyed his toys that hook on to his bouncy seat and just last week I got him an activity mat which he has loved!! 

He loves to be held up on my shoulder and will just cruise along with me for as long as my arms can hold him!  His hair is still so red and we get a lot of comments from strangers even about it being red.  Everyone wants to know if my husband has red hair...not quite!  :P   We both have it in our families though so I guess that recessive trait became pretty dominant in him - for now at least!

It's crazy to me that he is getting closer to 3 months....that just sounds so much bigger and more away from the newborn/little baby phase.   :\   But I know all the fun that is to come so I'm trying to just enjoy each little phase and all these sweet baby firsts!

Here are some new pics of our little guy.  He spends a lot of time in his bouncy so that's why most of the pictures have the same background.   He is finally getting to have more time on the floor now but his big brother just messes with him a lot more when he's down there!  :P



Loves his daddy

And Mommy too!

Smiles first thing in the morning

2 month picture with turtle

A little distracted

Joseph showed him some animals in a book to make him happy :)

Love his big round eyes


Little buddies/brothers

Little love


1 comment:

Grandma! said...

Oh my, he is just the cutest ever! How blessed we all are to have thaw sweet babies ! They are both precious!