Our little guy is officially half a year old! He had a great checkup at the doctor for his 6 month checkup! I was so anxious for Andrew's weigh in and we got great news. He weighed 15 lbs, 15oz and is up to the 20th percentile! At his last weight check a couple months ago, he was still under the 5th %! We were SO happy he is doing so well and his weight is on track now! His length was 25 1/4 (25%) and head was 50%.
He is in 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers (although I'm not sure for how much longer!). He is such a smiley and happy baby still, I just love it! He is still so easy going but has definitely starting to get a little dramatic cry he does when I first put him down in the exercauser or bouncy seat. He has also starting trying to roll over on the changing table - sigh. Gone are the days of the easy and effortless diaper changes for at least one of my children! ;)
Andrew definitely loves to be held and physical touch - more so than Joseph at this age from what I remember. When he falls asleep for a nap or if he wakes during the night, I put his paci in and he quickly grabs my hand and holds on to it with both of his tiny little hands. And when I carry him around he always just leans his little head against my cheek and he loves to give sugars!
He is also officially sitting up now! I realized I was probably letting him sit in the bouncy a little too much (because he just is so happy there) so the past couple of weeks I have been trying to give him more opportunities to sit on the floor while we all play or even while I do other stuff and he has pillows around him, just in case. And sure enough, in a matter of a week he got it and is sitting up now! He still falls occasionally but he can sit for a really long time unsupported. It's really made things fun too because I feel like he can really interact with me and Joseph more when we're playing. Of course, that also means he is grabbing Joseph's toys which isn't going over so well with his big brother. ;)
Andrew is also a teething machine. This little guy is just chewing the heck out of anything he can get in his mouth, including Momma's finger - ouch! He drools constantly too! No signs of those first couple of teeth yet though, so we will keep waiting. Most of his original baby hair has fallen out and he is getting his big baby hair now. It was so red when he was born. We're still trying to figure out what color it is coming back as. (If you'll remember, Joseph was born with brown hair and then it came back blonde and he is now a dirty blonde like Michael). Andrew's is looking so far like he will be more of a strawberry blonde...but we will see as it keeps coming in and gets thicker. His eyes are still a very pretty blue color too. By this age, Joseph's eyes were already a green/hazel.
Here are some pictures of Andrew over the past month! (And I've realized I have got to get more pictures of me with my little guy!!)
 |
| Playing with his Daddy after dinner |
 |
| Rolling to his tummy during play time |
 |
| So relaxed |
 |
| Little smiley guy |
 |
| Having his turn to "build a bear" at cousin Sarah's birthday party :) |
 |
| Look who's sitting up! |
 |
| 6 month pic with Turtle |
 |
| One more smiley shot |
We also got Andrew's 6 month pictures done at JcPenney. I did some outfit ones and then some bathtub ones to match Joseph's bathtub pics he got at the same age! Can't wait to put them all up in the boys' bathroom at the new house!
 |
| Love this one...and of course as soon as she took the picture he started pulling it up to his mouth...luckily I was standing by to prevent it! |
 |
| Oh I love him! |
1 comment:
Happy 6 months sweet Andrew! I still can't get over how much he has changed in the last few months. His smile is contagious and just looks so happy and content. Rolling, sitting up, eating solids. Those are all such fun milestones for your little guy. 6-9 months was always my favorite baby age. I just want to squeeze those little cheeks! :-) Love yall!
Post a Comment