That's right - we got a new car!! We've been looking vigorously for a couple of weeks and finally found what we wanted - we got a Mazda CX-7! It's part of the Crossover line - which means it's not a full size SUV, but it just the right size for us since it's bigger than my old car.
As you see in the pics, it is silver with a black leather interior. It has a sunroof too - that was one of my "must haves". :) When you get the sunroof package, it also comes with a Bose sound system with 7 speakers. Oh my - it sounds incredible. Plus, we got 6 free months trial of Sirius satellite radio.
We decided to just go with front wheel drive which aren't too easy to come by up here. We found the exact car we were wanting but it was in Chicago. After researching all the dealerships here in Minneapolis and even Iowa, we realized that it was quite a bit cheaper if we bought the car directly from the dealership in Chicago. Plus, we wouldn't have to pay the transport fee for them to bring it here. So we made the trip to Chicago - about 6 1/2 hours away. We drove down, picked it up, ate dinner and then drove all the way back in one day. Yes we are crazy - but we just wanted the whole weekend at home - plus it saved us from having to pay for a hotel room.
Ever since we got it home, we've been trying to think of places we can go just so we can drive around. :) So fun! I'm sure everyone knows that feeling from when you get that new car and it just drives so nice and smells so good inside! :)
Unfortunately though, this means the end of Mr. Zippy. He was such a good car - he was the first car I ever bought on my own, the car I made many trips in going back and forth to visit Michael in College Station, the car we drove away from the wedding in, and the car we started with in Minneapolis. And I have to admit, I got a little teary driving away from the dealership seeing poor Zippy sitting there. Yes, I get a bit too attached to my cars. But, a 6 1/2 hour drive back in the new car certainly changed my mood to a bit more cheerful. ;)
Because Mazda's motto is "Zoom, Zoom", I thought it was appropriate and fitting to name my new car Mr. Zoomy! Here are some pics and a video tour!



Video Tour

6 comments:
Yea for Mr. Zoomy! He's cute with his black interior, I like it! Congratulations- I'm happy for you guys! Loves!
Oh it is SO PRETTY!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!
Umm..nice outfit by the way. ;)
Good choice with the Mazda- our interiors look awfully similar. ;-)
You are so cute! I love the new car. Great choice.
That looks SO FUN! What's sad is that I'm a little teary thinking that Mr. Zippy is gone, too! (But I'm totally with you on the new car fun.)
Post a Comment