Thursday, July 22, 2010

Texas Trip

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Things here have been crazy busy!

This past weekend, Michael and I got to go home to Texas - finally! It was our first time back home since Christmas which is the longest we've ever gone (and don't plan to go that long again!). We went in for my Goddaugther's baptism, Kaylee. Kaylee is the daugther of my cousin Brian and his wife Tiffinie. She is an absolute doll!

We got in Thursday night and had Chick-fil-a in the car - YUM! Friday we spent all day at my parents house, just being outside, talking, visiting and sharing lots of fun hugs and laughs. It was such a blast.

Saturday morning, us girls had a baby shower for my sister Katherine who is due with baby Sarah any week now. It was just a family shower - so all aunts and cousins and it was so wonderful to finally get to see everyone! That night the guys came back from frisbee golf and we had a birthday party for Michael and my mom - followed by lots of Pictionary! :)

Sunday was the baptism - Kaylee did great! Minus a blow out diaper on the front row pew, everything went smooth! (hehe) It was so special being a part of her special day - it really is such a blessing to watch your Godchild become a little baptized Catholic! After the baptism we went for Mexican food. There were lots more extended family members to get to see so it was great.

Sunday afternoon, I went and saw my friend Carrie who is my best friend from high school. They just moved back to Longview so it was so great getting to spend some time with her and her sweet little family! We were both mad that we forgot to take pictures! (next time for sure Carrie!)

Monday we headed back. It was hard to leave as usual, but we are thankful for such a great and fun trip!
My sweet nieces and nephews :)

Lunch with the aunts and cousins at Kat's baby shower

The girls!

My new Goddaughter - Kaylee LaBree Garner!


My beautiful sisters

Us with our beautiful Mom!

Birthday cake for Michael and Mom - I made a cherry pecan cake!

Kaylee's baptism - me, Kaylee and my cousin Kyle, the Godfather

Me, Tiffinie, Brian, Kyle (seriously, how short AM I in this picture?!)

Me and my fella

The Z's with GP Eckel :)

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh girl, you got some great pictures! I might have to steal a few of them for myself! It was such a super fun weekend, so glad we got to spend some quality time together. Miss you girlie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister! What sweet pics you got! It really was a great weekend! I cant wait until we are all together again! I love you! Kristina