Well when people told me I would love being a mother, I had no idea it would start this early. It's safe to say that I'm completely in love with our little guy!
We went back today for our repeat ultrasound to try to get the last couple of measurements that they couldn't get at the big ultrasound a couple of weeks ago...the upper lip and the profile. When she first started the ultrasound, he had his back to us (great view of the spine though) and had his legs crossed - little stinker. :) Luckily though as she was getting a few other pictures, little guy flipped our direction and there was the most precious face I've ever seen.
He looked right towards us and did a huge yawn - we both saw it! Of course, it brought tears to my eyes. :*) (Michael is still trying to figure out why he is so tired in there) ;) She got the picture of his lip - everything looked good. She also got a good shot of the nasal bone which was neat to see. As she was still looking, he was just moving all around and then we saw him pull his hand up and put his fingers in his mouth. It was so cute!!!! Heart rate still looked wonderful at 161 bpm.
We went back today for our repeat ultrasound to try to get the last couple of measurements that they couldn't get at the big ultrasound a couple of weeks ago...the upper lip and the profile. When she first started the ultrasound, he had his back to us (great view of the spine though) and had his legs crossed - little stinker. :) Luckily though as she was getting a few other pictures, little guy flipped our direction and there was the most precious face I've ever seen.
He looked right towards us and did a huge yawn - we both saw it! Of course, it brought tears to my eyes. :*) (Michael is still trying to figure out why he is so tired in there) ;) She got the picture of his lip - everything looked good. She also got a good shot of the nasal bone which was neat to see. As she was still looking, he was just moving all around and then we saw him pull his hand up and put his fingers in his mouth. It was so cute!!!! Heart rate still looked wonderful at 161 bpm.
We had a different ultrasound girl this time and she asked if we knew the sex. We told her boy and she asked if we wanted her to double check for us. :) Sure enough, he is DEFINITELY still a boy! :D
I know most of you have already experienced these moments with your own ultrasounds, but it just amazes me. I seriously almost missed my exit for work because I couldn't quit thinking about him.
Here are his new pictures!
Precious profile - you can see the nose and little mouth
Here is his action shot where you can see him putting his fingers in his mouth.:)The white dots at the bottom (direclty below the word "chin") are the bones of his spine.
And please don't think I'm vain for posting so many belly shots, but this time is just so special and it's so hard to not be near our family and friends in Texas - so frequent belly shots is my way of being there in person. ;)
This is actually last week's 20 week picture - half way there!

7 comments:
Aw girl. Your sweet posts of baby boy bring tears to my eyes. Seeing your joy, your love and your happiness is so fun! You are so deserving of all that you are feeling and experiencing. I am still beyond thankful that you and Michael are getting to experience all of this! It truly is amazing, isn't it! :) Big hugs to you and that growing belly of yours! Love you! :)
I'm so excited to see ultrasounds, but I really can't wait to see him when he's here! He looks awful cute in there!
I love the belly updates! I wish I was there to hang out with you while you're pregnant, but the pictures and updates are the next best thing! I remember looking at the ultrasounds of Brooke and it just brought everything to life! It is such a miracle to see this tiny human being formed inside of you and to know that God picked you to be his mother! Amazing! You won't ever forget that feeling! Just reading your post gave me the biggest smile! :) I'm so happy for y'all.
He already favors Michael, I TOTALLY see it! Thank you for posting belly shots, I can't believe you're already 20 weeks!!!
I know exactly how you feel! It's so hard to have to wait another 20 weeks to meet him! He looks very cute already :)
Grandma loves her new baby grandson too!! Your pictures do help us to experience the fun too! Love ya! Mom Z
Hee hee--I remember the same kind of sono for us, Ky--he looked right at as and did the opened his month and it was like he was saying, "Hi mom and dad!"
I also cried! It totally happens to the best of us:)
love
amb
Post a Comment