9 weeks to go and making progress!
Unfortunately, our plans for this past weekend changed. My sister Kristina was supposed to come for a weekend visit but the bad winter weather in TX cancelled her trip. :\ BUT...we are rescheduled for the weekend of the 19th, so it's all good now! :)
Michael had already scheduled a couple of boy activities for the weekend (ice fishing and a basketball game), so while he was doing that, I started getting some things ready!
Our nursery furniture came in at Babies r Us, so we picked that up so we could officially convert our guest room to the nursery! Luckily the dresser/changing table unit came already put together. The crib will require some assembly, so Michael is planning on starting that this coming weekend.
I did my first few loads of baby laundry - I think I said "Awww!!" outloud like 500 times as I looked at all the tiny clothes, socks, bibs and blankets I was washing. :) I got liner paper put in all the drawers and then finally got everything put into the dresser. We don't have the changing pad yet that will go on top, so I found some other little things to decorate the top in the meantime. (including our little friend Kermie who is going to go SO cute with the bedding theme in little guy's room)
In addition to these preparations, we just completed our baptism class tonight at church! So now we will be all set when it comes time for the baptism in May. Speaking of which, we are honored that my sister Katherine agreed to be Godmother and Michael's brother Kenny agreed to be Godfather! :)
I just got us signed up for some of our childbirth classes, so we'll start those in the coming weeks. It's crazy that it's getting time to start really getting things ready!! So fun! Little guy is great and his movements have been great lately. I was in a meeting today and he was in the middle of his morning roll around session and then he got the hiccups. So between that, all I could see when trying to take notes in my meeting is my belly moving all around and then going up and down with the hiccups. It takes some serious effort to concentrate on work these days because I could seriously stare at my belly all day long. :)
Here are a couple of pictures of my progress in the nursery so far. I'll post complete pics once we get the crib assembled and cute bedding all set up!
Unfortunately, our plans for this past weekend changed. My sister Kristina was supposed to come for a weekend visit but the bad winter weather in TX cancelled her trip. :\ BUT...we are rescheduled for the weekend of the 19th, so it's all good now! :)
Michael had already scheduled a couple of boy activities for the weekend (ice fishing and a basketball game), so while he was doing that, I started getting some things ready!
Our nursery furniture came in at Babies r Us, so we picked that up so we could officially convert our guest room to the nursery! Luckily the dresser/changing table unit came already put together. The crib will require some assembly, so Michael is planning on starting that this coming weekend.
I did my first few loads of baby laundry - I think I said "Awww!!" outloud like 500 times as I looked at all the tiny clothes, socks, bibs and blankets I was washing. :) I got liner paper put in all the drawers and then finally got everything put into the dresser. We don't have the changing pad yet that will go on top, so I found some other little things to decorate the top in the meantime. (including our little friend Kermie who is going to go SO cute with the bedding theme in little guy's room)
In addition to these preparations, we just completed our baptism class tonight at church! So now we will be all set when it comes time for the baptism in May. Speaking of which, we are honored that my sister Katherine agreed to be Godmother and Michael's brother Kenny agreed to be Godfather! :)
I just got us signed up for some of our childbirth classes, so we'll start those in the coming weeks. It's crazy that it's getting time to start really getting things ready!! So fun! Little guy is great and his movements have been great lately. I was in a meeting today and he was in the middle of his morning roll around session and then he got the hiccups. So between that, all I could see when trying to take notes in my meeting is my belly moving all around and then going up and down with the hiccups. It takes some serious effort to concentrate on work these days because I could seriously stare at my belly all day long. :)
Here are a couple of pictures of my progress in the nursery so far. I'll post complete pics once we get the crib assembled and cute bedding all set up!
All the clean laundry, blankets and burp cloths ready to be put away!
All tidy!

3 comments:
Nine weeks left--seriously?? That is no time at all. Where did the past 7 months go?? :)
I love the furniture you guys chose. It is all going to look so great. And the blue and green colors look so sweet with that white. So fun that you are getting everything put away and ready. Smart planning just in case baby boy decides to make his grand entrance ahead of schedule! :)
I can't wait to see pictures once the crib is put together as well. How exciting! Love you girl!
So much fun! Everything is ready for our sweet baby boy. We can't wait till he gets here and till we get there!! "Grandma Z" : )
Aww, the anticipation! That is cute furniture. I can't believe it's just around the corner and he'll be here! Yeah, so exciting!
Post a Comment