Friday she got in and I was so anxious to show her all our fun baby stuff (despite the crib still being in 6 pieces in the nursery since we're still waiting on the replacement parts). We had planned a nice dinner at a nearby restaurant with the 3 of us to celebrate Kristina's birthday that was on the 16th, but Michael ended up getting a stomach bug that made him quite sick for half of the weekend. :( So, Kristina and I went to Big Bowl. It was packed so we just sat at the bar and talked and talked while we ate our yummy food - it was too fun.
Saturday, Kristina and I went and did a little shopping. We went to Babies r Us, DSW for shoes (we just HAD to use our coupons and I had to make sure Kristina took advantage of no sales tax on clothing/shoes!) and we went to lunch at Panera Bread. I can't tell you how fun lunch was. We were literally there for 2 hours. We just spent the whole time talking - about everything. We can't even remember the last time we had a weekend just the 2 of us to do so much talking, so it really was such a blessing to have that time with her.
Sat night, Michael was still recovering and taking it easy at home, so after fixing him some soup and getting him settled, Kristina and I went for dinner and a movie and had a great time. Kristina's flight was supposed to leave Sunday at 3, but a massive snow storm came in that day and cancelled all flights and proceeded to dump 17 INCHES of snow on us! I have to say that after all the details got worked out, it was perfect that we got an extra day with her! Michael and I were off on Monday so it was great! So we spent the rest of Sunday putting the stroller together, and Kristina gave me lots of great advice on the car seat and other stuff we may need to get.
I'm so blessed to have had this time with my oldest sister! It really was such a happy weekend to spend time with her and have her here to help me get ready for our little guy! Unfortunately, we didn't do so great getting pictures over the weekend since we were just doing normal activities like shopping, movies, and pigging out (hehe) - but we did manage to get a few...

4 comments:
Oh so fun girl! I could cry reading this! It was such a special treat for me to have the time with you! It's been more than seven years since I've had time like that to myself! I cant wait for your sweet baby to get here! You and Michael will be such good parents! Thanks for a great weekend! I love you!
I just loved using the sling with Reid! I think you will really love it! I can't wait to see more nursery pictures.
I am so blessed to have three beautiful daughters thare are also best friends!! Love you boys!
Dad
Awww what fun times you guys had. I'm happy yall were able to have so much time to just visit and talk. Those are the best times, aren't they? And so fun that you got to get ready for baby together. Glad you got some more stuff for sweet baby boy and fun to see it all coming together. Glad yall had a fun weekend together! Loves!
Post a Comment