Mommy and Daddy took me to my 2 month appointment on Tuesday. I weigh 13 lbs, 7 oz which is the 75th-90th percentile! Mommy can tell that I've filled out a lot because there are a lot more nooks & crannies to clean when she changes my diapers! I am also 24 inches long now (75th percentile) and my head is in the 75th percentile too. I'm a big boy and am growing great! I had to get several shots at the end of the appointment. I cried pretty bad but I felt better when Mommy fed me afterwards. By the time we got in the car, I was happy and giving her lots of coos!
For the most part I have been sleeping pretty good at night. I typically go down around 8:15ish and sleep until 2am! Then I wake up around 5am or sometimes 4 and 6am, depending on how hungry I am and then around 7:15 or 7:30 I wake up and smile at Mommy which tells her I'm up and ready for the day! However, this past week I have been waking up at 12:30am, 3am, and 6am but Mommy thinks I may be in a growth spurt which explains why I need to eat more often! I think it makes her a little sleepy though because she seems a little more out of it when she gets up to change and feed me. ;) I am not a big fan of naps during the day though. I like to sleep exactly 30 minutes and then I'm ready to get up!
I LOVE to eat. I typically eat every 2 hours - sometimes a little more frequent and sometimes a little less, but two hours seems like a good time to me.
I sure am more alert these days. I like to smile and coo - but you have to get good eye contact established first before I'll give you any coos. It's pretty entertaining to see the things Mommy & Daddy will do to get a smile out of me!
My favorite time is when I get up in the morning for the day. Mommy takes off my dirty diaper and my jammies and lets me have some naked time for a couple of minutes. I kick my legs like crazy and flap my arms and am so happy to be out of that diaper! I also love to suck on my fingers - in fact yesterday I reached a new record and got 4 fingers in my mouth at the same time! Mommy told me that I even did that on my 20 week ultrasound when I was super tiny!
Another thing I like is my "At the Zoo" book. It has 5 really bright pages with animals on it and I love to stare at the bright colors! I also like it when Mommy & Daddy sing songs to me!
One thing I don't like is my pacifier. I really have to be in the right mood for it. When I don't want it, I will clamp my mouth shut and use my tongue to push it away and then Mommy gets the point. I have a hard time keeping it in my mouth when I'm trying to take a nap but I can't really sleep without it so I'm still trying to figure that one out.
I sure like that Mommy gets to stay home with me. On most days we just stay home and play. Sometimes Mommy will put me in the stroller and we'll go for a walk. She likes to point out all the animals we see on the way - so far we've seen birds, a chipmunk, 2 ducks and a bunny! Some days we will go to the mall and meet Mrs. Heather & my friend James. Mommy takes me to Target sometimes but I get a little ancy by the end of the trip, so she typically walks pretty fast through the store.
I sure have fun being me and definitely have a Mommy & Daddy that love me SOOO much!

2 comments:
Well, hello Mr. Joseph! Wow look at stuff you are doing and you are getting so big! I like the report you have given us. It gives those of us far away a glimpse of what your day is like. I am so glad you like your fingers so much and I look forward to when mommy tells us you have found your sweet little toes! Please post another blog soon so we can know what you are up to next!
Loves,
Aunt Misty
Sweet Godson, thanks for that wonderful update of what you have been up to lately. You are starting to do so much. And I can't believe you are already 2.5 months old! Wow! I love how much you love your fingers. Looks tasty! haha!
I think you and your Webb cousins definitely have something in common--short naps! Have you and Sarah been talking? You guys seem to be on the same nap schedule.
I can't wait to see you next Friday and Saturday. Have safe travels to Texas and we will see you soon! Love you sweet boy!
Post a Comment