Monday, June 20, 2011

Notice

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! Michael and I had a nice day. He had several random people at church tell him happy first father's day so that was fun. :)

Today was a big day for me. I called my boss and gave my notice that I would not be returning to work!! I was super nervous and have dreaded having to have that conversation for months now. But first thing this morning, I decided to just do it and get it over with. Luckily, my boss was super understanding. He said it was sad and they would miss me but that he and his wife did the same thing and he highly recommended it and knows how important it is. So I was very glad that he was understanding and supportive.

Ironically, today alone I have been peed on twice during diaper changes, pooped on on two different occasions and spit up on - and we're talking the spit up that goes through the hair and down the back! :P As I was changing clothes for the second time, I thought about how ironic it was that this happened on the same day that I gave my notice to work. It made me realize that I will take this stuff any day if it means I get to be at home with my precious love.



A sweet moment that makes it all worth it!


Smiles & coos for Daddy!


Michael took this pic and I thought it looked very artistic


He's all cheeks!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Yea for closing the door on your previous life and being an official SAHM! (stay at home mom) haha! What a good feeling it must be to have given your notice and have that off your shoulders! I'm so happy for you that your dream is being fulfilled!

Ok- I must say that first picture of you and Joseph is definitely a framer! What a special moment captured there! I love it!!!

I've missed seeing pictures of little Joseph. He's such a cutie!

Today I took the kids to a play place and there was a mom there that kept calling her kids and their names were Joseph and Katherine! hehe!

Anonymous said...

If your boss wasn't understanding all you would have had to have done was to send those pictures of Joseph...who could resist!?! As for the rest of the day, Joseph just wanted to give you a really good initiation into the joys of motherhood! :) We really miss him, but the pictures help so much....the last one made me laugh! He is just too cute. Joseph's Grandma Z

Anonymous said...

If your boss wasn't understanding all you would have had to have done was to send those pictures of Joseph...who could resist!?! As for the rest of the day, Joseph just wanted to give you a really good initiation into the joys of motherhood! :) We really miss him, but the pictures help so much....the last one made me laugh! He is just too cute. Joseph's Grandma Z

Amber said...

Woo hoo for stay-at-home moms! Joseph is such a cutie!